NCMA class today.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Mike33, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got back from Pittsburgh today RI Lampus hosted the cert. class today. I hope i passed the damn test i dont take them well.
    Mike

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I bet you did fine! How was the class?

3. Mike33

wasent bad, i feel comforable about my work. I just thought the test was stupid. I attended also this past tuesday an all day class on versaock. im stll not ready for there bandwagon, but there step system looked good.
    Mike

4. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Versa lok is great because the blocks are all solid. That is their main advantage. Ive built a ton of stairs with them.

5. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Hello Mike33
    I have never built any srw's. I am very interested in leaning more. Went to the Techo-bloc show. Plus attending the versa-lok show on March 6th in Worcester Mass. Also plan on attending one of the NCMA courses in Nashua, NH or Saco, Maine. That being said, any tips on what I can study now books, web sites, links that may help me with the NCMA test?

Thanks Bill

6. Mike33

Not really just pay attention in class. They covered the material pretty good. Tests had a lot on compaction pay close attention to that material. My problem is i just turned 47 and dont take in class room to well as the same with testing. If your new just pay close attention to both classes and maybe settle in with versa-lok material if it is availble in your area. That way you have training in that product. Please feel free to contact me for any help, your getting off to a good start.
    Mike