Ncma

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Total Landscape Solutions, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

Anyone have feedback on an NCMA course they attended? I attended an ICPI in the fall and am going to an NCMA next week.

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I got certified last year.

3. patpls

patpls LawnSite Member
    from Mn

So Nevasat. what was your perception of the course?

4. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I can only find an email link to set up a customized course. Am I missing something? I'm looking for the course you are speaking of.

5. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

I can't remember where I first came across the NCMA or where I learned about their SWR courses. I registered awhile back with Pavestone in Hartford, CT. I just moved from Cincy to CT in March. I'd call Pavestone, they have a plant in Newtown, about 25 min south west of Cincy. After Pavestone I'd call Reading Rock in Tri-Countoy on Rt. 747. You may want to try Stone Zone or Wholesale Stone, although these are more stone wholesalers than paver and block suppliers.
    Wish I could be of more help, but like I said I can't remember where I first learned of NCMA.
    I miss the Nati!!

6. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

http://www.ncma.org/meet/edu.html

7. Team-Green L&L

We are Pavestone contractors (per say). I'll call my rep, Scott, in Newtown. Do you know Scott? He is great! I wonder why I never heard of NCMA? Hmmm, that's odd because I'm always looking for training.

You'll always miss Cincy. I lived in ATL half my life and here the other half. I can't make up my mind where I love more? I'd have to say Cincy has the best of both worlds though. I live in Norwood, by the edge of Hyde Park, so I get to shop with the "upper class" and live around the "working class". It's a great combo, especially when you're dating (I haven't for 4 years now, but I remember. LOL).

Okay, now I'll quit babbling.

8. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Team-Green L&L

10. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I took the NCMA class along with one of my forman and i felt it was a good class. If your involved with engineered walls it's definitly worthwile because thats what they realy focus on, not realy much on gravity walls. They go over alot of techincal terms and special apps. and such, and alot of stuff that if you have any experience in srw construction you probly already know, even if you only learn one thing though, that you didn't know before, that one thing could save you thousands of dollars possibly. I'd recommend it and I will also be sending another one of my forman at the MAHTS show in Atlantic City in Feb.