NE FLORIDA - Jacksonville area

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by ztrguy, Jun 11, 2003.

1. T-N-T Lawn Care

T-N-T Lawn Care LawnSite Member

crosson,

I agree with you. Most of my lawns are close together so I don't have to worry about the drive time. I have all my days scheduled out with homes right next to each other. I don't really have any lawns that take an hour to do. I was using an example. Anything over 15 minutes is $30-35 for me. If it takes an hour for me to do, it's usually a large lawn so I may have worded that wrong earlier. I mainly base my accounts on the lawn not the house was the point I was trying to make. And some of the guys you talk to be careful cause they do like to make themselves sound better. I've ran into that a lot here. I don't think your being far fetched just that Jax is very competitive I get outbid all time even in the sweet areas for $15 bucks verses my $30-35. I have some accounts that range from 500 a month and only take 2 hours just because the amount of trees and weeding I have to do. There are a lot of things that come into affect with this Personally I cover all my cost and time using my price. Everyone is different and have other things that they have to cover. I agree with the statement you made over the competition prices. I charge $40-45 for an hourly rate on hedges, mulching and ect... I know one gentleman here who charges $40 a cut but he includes the hedges and weeding. I do wish you the best of luck. There is plenty of business out here for everyone.
    Tina

2. crosson lawn

crosson lawn LawnSite Member

thanks for the clarification that does sound better. I hope to start heavy advertising next weekend but if i don't get any bites i will probably put it on hold until late feb. to early march.

3. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

What Ins. company's are recommended? I have talked to two so far and they want documented experience with a landscape operation before they will agree to cover a solo start-up. Can anyone help? :confused:

email me at agreenoasis@yahoo.com

4. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

We use Insureamerica.

5. GrassGator

GrassGator LawnSite Member

Who is your agent for InsureAmerica. Got a phone number? I am looking for some coverage as well.

6. mowerparts

mowerparts LawnSite Member

Just give them a call and tell them what you need and they will give hook you up.
    Do not forget to ask about insurance to cover your equipment.
    :blob3:

7. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

Thanks for all the replies!!! Any LCO's in FL use cabover trucks? What are the normal setups like in FL?

8. Kelly & Sons

Kelly & Sons LawnSite Member

wow! What a lot of information... Nice to see some people from OP/Jax on this site....

Lawn Lizards or Tina... who did you all go through to get your business liscense? Did you get an LLC ? thanks.. Chris.

9. gatorbait

gatorbait LawnSite Member

Just wanted to comment on the good information Tina and also the inspiration from Lawn Lizard.

10. Qdriver

Qdriver LawnSite Member

Welcome to the area Gatorbait!:)