NE guys, are you done?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Dec 6, 2005.

NE guys, are you done?

1. Yes, I'm all finished.

12 vote(s)
  2. I'm almost done, but am getting held up be snow etc.

14 vote(s)
  3. No, I've got lots of cleanups and mowing to do still.

2 vote(s)
  1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

For you huys in the Northeast, have you finished the 2005 mowing/leaf cleanup season yet?
  2. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

not quite i only have one more job to do, and it is cleaning out a drainage ditch around a customers property. after that i'm DONE! bring on the snow!
  3. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

At this point and time I guess I have to consider myself done although I wanted to get a last cut on at least 2 more property's I don't see that happening. I guess it's just a waiting game for the serious white and not this petty "dusting to an inch" crap. I got my snow blower and ice melt on standby along with my Carrhart coverall's.

One last thing "Let it snow,let it snow,let it snow" payup payup :D
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I wasn't really done, but since the snow hit im probably done till Spring, im not real crazy about leaves anyway. Actually iwas kinda glad it snowed so i don't have to be out there when it's 20 degrees blowin F-ing leaves.

I love plowing snow:D
  5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I would have been done last week but rain and a dusting of snow killed us. Might go out the end of this week to finish, its getting cold and everythings getting frozen to the ground. Good thing I've got the Redmax 8000:cool2:
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had 2 left but the ground is covered in snow now and the sanders are on so i guess im done.
  7. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

I just got finished a week ago!!:blob3: :blob3: :blob3:
  8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have one more cleanup, but everything is winterized, no way im goin out with a rake and those stupid paper lawn bags to do it!!!! Im done till spring!
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I would have liked to have given a bunch of mine one more round but Mother Nature put a halt to that. I only had one that hadn't been touched at all this year and I guess I'll hit it if and when the snow clears. They're calling for more snow towards the end of the week.
  10. jeffex

jeffex LawnSite Bronze Member

I worked sunday to get ahead of the snow and frozen temps here in MD. I have several left with leaves still on the trees. bradford pear trees still holding leaves and some maples..