NE guys, When will you be starting to mow?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J&R Landscaping, Apr 3, 2007.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Just curious, when will other guys in the north-east be starting to mow. I'm still doing clean-ups but next week will start the mowing season for me.

2. cnymowing

cnymowing LawnSite Member

I am thinking the ground should be good in a couple days, and I would like to start mowing in 2 weeks or sooner

3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

What are u talking about? We are almost 90* today, and boy, I really need to get myself into lawnboy shape and condition, every single account need cutting, those 2 months of winter had really got me slow and stupid!
    We are already sweating like buckets, so you guys have to enjoy fresh spring as much as you can, cause once mowing start in full speed, you know, we never see break again!:weightlifter:

4. bobcat175

bobcat175 LawnSite Senior Member

I still have a small pile of snow (from the plow) in my yard.....

5. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

We just started cleanups today but its supposed to turn cold and rainy. With the forecast temps in the low 20s at night for the next few days i think we have a while before mowing will start.

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

weekly mowing won't start till May. still gotta do all the cleanups and prep. work before. Grass is barely turning green.

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Grass is really growing here. Matt started back last week doing odds and ends, cleanups and a few mowings. This week he is working on his full mowing schedule. Not sure how that is going to work out for him come the later part of the week, as they are calling for snow.. hopefully no accumulation. :hammerhead:

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

mowing season is late this year for us, and now a week or so of cold temps to begin tomorrow...lovely :rolleyes:

9. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

Probably will be a little while yet as the snow is not all melted and there is a winter storm watch for tommorrow. We usually start last week or april or first week of may.

10. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Will start mowing weekly 4/17.