1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neary grinder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newblade, Jul 17, 2005.

1. newblade

newblade LawnSite Member

Who uses a neary grinder and is happy with it. There is one on ebay.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have a half horse power lesco it is fine the rest was to small we have a friend in a machine shop he made a bigger rest.we have the stand also and the dust collection lesco sells it at mid 3's.
  3. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I have had a Neary Grinder for several years now and am happy with it. The reason I bought a Neary was that my equipment dealer uses Neary grinders. I recommend using the ruby wheel.
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Got one. Its does ok. Its nothing like a fire ball grinder. But better than a bench grinder. I got mine used for $200 with a new wheel, diamond dresser, and dust collector.

Turf Doc. Got pictures of your base? I need to modifty mine. The gaint hole around the wheel is starting to drive me nuts.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We just made the new base out of aluminum just like the old 1 just bigger like 2 to 3 inches larger.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Happy with mine. Had it for I guess 3 yrs now. It was used and pretty old when I got it. Runs like a top.
  7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a Neary...bought an RBG. Sold the Neary!!
    End of story!!
    Nite nite kids!!