1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neat articulating mowers. Does anyone use this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by riverwalklandscaping, Mar 13, 2008.

1. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

click Mowers --> Lastec

I really like this idea. I'd like to see some other companies try this. What do you guys think. Does it just seem so much better because its a clever ad by the manuf? Looks pricey. I also like the wing idea, and the fact they have some mowers up to 100' !

2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The city here has a mower kind of like that it reminds me of a motorcycle with training wheels and a deck but bigger
  3. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

There is one like that near my. Its got a cab like a tractor but just one wheel in front and back. Very odd looking, with a batwing type deck on either side and in front. Cuts about 15 feet or so wide.
  4. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

they look cool but also extremely pricey...
  5. farmboy1285

farmboy1285 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats pretty cool its kind of like the encore prowler mid cut, The articulated deck on the encore is not near as complex as this mower though and I think that the prowler deck/frame is made more for operator comfort.
  6. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Lastec 3261 AGC mower late last summer and I really like the cut it leaves and it does eliminate nearly all scalping. It rides very well too, with the articulating deck sections and the suspension seat. It seems to be built really well. Because I live in a state that has no Lastec dealers, I was able to buy mine Factory direct and save some money on it. Their prices are pretty similar to most of the other brands in their model range, and they have excellent Factory Direct support if you need it. In the 61" model, you can get the 28 efi Kohler, 29 dfi Kaw, 22 hp Yanmar diesel, 26/27 and 32/33 Generac, 31 Vanguard "Big Block" and 27 Kohler engine. Razorblades.
  7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I would love to get a Lastec mower. But, my closest dealer is over 2 hours away and my past luck with new mowers has not been very good. I think thier design will be copied by other Mfg's in the future.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That is one serious mower. I also hope that idea is used by other companies and possibly made better.
  9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

is this what you are thinking of.....the Deweze slope mower

10. Ford850

Ford850 LawnSite Member

What's a rough price estimate on the 61" you bought?