Neat idea by Hilton Head, SC LCO

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by GTLC, Apr 21, 2005.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I am on vacation for the week in Hilton Head Island, SC. There are definitely some beautiful homes and landscapes down here. I am staying in one of the plantations down here, and it is full of lagoons and ponds in backyards. Alligators are everywhere. No wonder they don't mow very close to the water. Everywhere you look on a weekday there are LCO's everywhere.

Anyway, the LCO hired for where I am staying left a little card indicating his company, address, etc, along with the customer name, and a checksheet of the work he performed. They leave it on the door. I never thought about this, it seems like a good idea. Does anybody else leave notesheets or cards for the customer???

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Not to sound like a smart ass, but.....why?

3. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

That is a great idea but what if by chance you forget

4. DGM

DGM LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Yes every visit we leave a site work sheet with our Logo, addy, phone #, & showing what time we were there who was on the property and what we did (check sheet)

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Two things.
    I try to leave a door hanger to let them know we were there but more to give them a number to call if they have a problem. I tell all my customers to call right away if something is not done and will try to fix it right away. Can't let bad feelings fester.

#2 How do you get a vacation in spring?????

6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Shouldn't they have your phone number anyways? it should be on every invoice and piece of paper you give them. It just seems like unneeded overhead to me.

If they cannot tell we were there to mow the lawn (pattern changes every week) or prune the bushes... :sleeping:

7. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

They do fert and insecticide too, forgot to mention that...

#2- I have an associate answer the phone for me. It's one more week till mowing in VT.

8. PMLAWN

Yes they do but most people will not go look for a # if they have to. They will just be mad and if that keeps happening they may leave. I try to get to all accounts at least every other week but if homeowner is not home it may be 2-3 months before i talk to them.

Also we do lawn care so we have to leave paperwork.

9. PMLAWN

Wow been mowing 6 weeks already!
    Enjoy.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Gators! ;)

Call me a pansy but I aint mowing no property with gators on it.

;)