Neat Receipts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Classified, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone use this?

www.neatreceipts.com

I absolutely HATE entering reciepts and often get behind in doing it because I hate it so much snowballing into a giant mess real quick.

I saw this nifty gadget and it says that it will scan the receipt and it will automatically recognize the info on the reciept and enter it into quickbooks or a few other programs. In the event of an audit the scaned receipts are accepted by the IRS so basically, you can scan the reciept and throw it away.

$200 on tigerdirect.com

and users out there?

Do you like it?

2. LunarLandscape

LunarLandscape LawnSite Member

Hey, I was looking at that machine at tiger direct in shaumburg last week. 219.99 at the store on Golf Rd near woodfield.

3. Classified

Classified LawnSite Senior Member

yeah thats where im probably going to pick it up on monday. did you but it?

4. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

Hey check eBay. I saw a new NEAT RECEIPTS last night for something like $100 after shipping. Check it out!

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Hang onto all your receipts for at least 10 years

6. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Hang on to them for 10 years??? ARE YOU SERIOUS??:dizzy:

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

never had anything like that. but you are sitting in front of the computer at least once a week doing invoices. while you are doing invoices on QB its real easy to to key in the dozen or so receipts you generate, plus while it fresh in you mind you know which job they get costed to....

I kept one of the those 5x9 accordion files that have a slot for each month. One of those for each year. I kept everything for 7 years....

8. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Absolutely, I am serious as a heart attack. I will let others explaine why this is a good Idea.

9. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a lot more work than turning in the CC statements at the end of the year...

10. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I have one...it's nice.

Besides sending the info to a database, it retains an image of the receipt. Since this is IRS-approved, YES you can actually shred your receipts you don't have to keep them in the attic until 2018. If you need to reproduce them you just print them.