1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

NeatReceipt scanner

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HOOLIE, Jan 3, 2007.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I just saw this scanner at the mall, wondering if anyone has one? You scan all your receipts onto it and it transfers the info onto a spreadsheet. From the info on the barcode it knows (mostly you may have to tweak things the first time around) what kind of purchase it is, gas, grocery, etc. Supposedly it is IRS-approved, you could shred all the receipts after scanning, and reproduce them if necessary. Looks like it would seriously simplify record-keeping for any business owner.

The saleslady said for return purposes, 85% of local merchants accept a reproduced receipt for returns, so you might not want to shred anything you might anticipate returning.

It's small, about the same size and dimensions as a long 3-hole puncher, retails for around $200.

3. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i use it and love it. used it for the last two years. oh yea, and you cand export to quickbooks.
  4. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

My accountant told me to just buy everything with a credit card and use the statments as receipts.
  5. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep .... credit card or debit card is WAY more simple ....

I can track any receipt on-line banking ...o ya that's another way to cut the "paper trail" .... saves on postage as well can set up recurring events ....ie such as monthly 941's, credit card payments, insurance etc

A credit card statement doesn't prove what you bought, only where you bought it...you could buy $100 worth of sodas at the gas station for instance.
  7. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

th ones that have this one and uses it w/ quickbooks , is it pretty simple to get started and use ?

8. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT