1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nebs doorknob hanger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jasonp, Jan 24, 2001.

1. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

I know there is alot of people that said they used these and i was wondering what they put in the 10 lines, and did you get alot of calls from them. Also did you just hang them on the door even if someone was at home.
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

jasonp, I put all the services I offer in the ten lines, like this.

Complete lawn care services
    Shrub Trimming
    Snow Removal

These door knob hangers are pretty cheap looking personally. I'm going to have a printshop make the rest up, I got these with a little kit they have with some other forms. The hangers from the printshop are more money but their alot nicer, more professional. As far as how they work, I don't know, I'm starting my business this spring so I have a couple months to go yet. You can do a search on fliers and you should see alot of posts from other guys. Hope this helps a little.
  3. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Randy sounds like your off to a good start. Ive been in the business going on 9yr, Was a little ruff the first yr. But after i got my first 25 clients, i didn't even advertise anymore.Just by word of mouth for established clients got me as much work as i wanted. In fact its to the point now i turn down work every-yr. Im solo and have 51 accounts, Ive got the ones i want and it works out great for me. Wish you and jasonp have a great yr in the LCB PS Just do the best job you can and your work will sell itself. Marks Mowing Service
  4. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

5. visions landscape

visions landscape LawnSite Member

I was planning on ordering some NEBS
    hangers, but had a local print shop make mine
    I think they look better they were cheaper took 24 hrs to get back plus got there snow removal and lawn this summer
  6. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Boy, I probably should be careful of what I say, I know Nebs is a sponsor of lawnsite so I probably shouldn't bash them huh. I'm not really bashing them, I just think the hangers don't look as good as the ones from a printshop.The printshop ones can be done a little fancier and with nicer card stock paper. You can get some nice colors and I have my own logo so it can be reproduced on the hangers, you can't have Nebs do it on theirs, unless maybe they do it in their custom printing section. I would try to put one on here for you guys to see, but my wife went to San Diego for work, and I got all I can do to just turn this computer on, when she gets back I'll get one on here.
    Thanks Mark, I'm going to try and focus on providing the best service I can and I think that if I'm fair with the customers and do a quality job things should take off. Thanks for the support, the info. you veterans provide here is priceless.
  7. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

This is my first year. What I did... I made a tri-fold flyer on my computer, full-color and all. The local printer wanted major $ to make 1000 copies. It took longer, but I bought another color ink cartridge and printed them off myself.

I next affixed business cards to the flyers and then placed them into clear door knob bags...looks good!

I have ordered magnetic signs for my truck with my company logo and phone number on them. On the tailgate, I advertise my website http://www.libertylawncare.com

I hope to God this works...
  8. jasonp

jasonp LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Thanks for the help everyone.
  9. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I like their door hangers. There is a little area the size of a business card on the bottom that people can tear off. IMO, I made one huge mistake. I put most lawns under $35 in one of my lines. Now I'm careful where I put hangers if yards will be more than $35. Live and learn. BTW, I got a very good resonse every time I put them out. I went into the mall parking lot and put them on windshield wipers of expensive cars.