1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Necessary Spares?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Randy Scott, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

The time saving tricks thread got me thinking. What are some items you guys carry on the trailer as far as spare parts that are relatively common and may be needed. I did a search but didn't find too much. Thanks in advance.
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

fuel filters, spark plugs, throttle cable, and kotter keys.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I carry a complete set of belts for my Choppers, a V and a Flat idler pulley, a set of connector chain links for the lift and a spare front tire in my diamond plated truck tool box. I also carry an extra 2 sets of blades, an air tank, extra two cycle mix, a roll of trimmer string and a grease gun. I'm probably missing something here, but I try to be prepared.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

A helper in a glass booth ,with a little hammer chained to it for emergencies. But really, besides tools I carry hitch pins, wire ties, oil, hearing protection, glasses, fuses, assorted nuts and bolts and spare blades. If I have a small part break, I'll buy 2 of them and keep one as a spare for next time. I also installed a fire extinguisher on the trailer opposite the gas cans.
  5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Extra blades, belts, plugs, rims and tires for our Walker's, tools, wire, fuses and whatever else that will fit in a diamond plate truck box.
  6. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

A spare trailer tire. Trailer tires attract more nails for some reason.
  7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't really carry any spare parts. I do carry a spare of each piece of equipment. It also helps that I am never more than 5 minutes from the shop at any given time.
  8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

R U by West Chester or that vacinity??