1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

ned help with used ztr

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dan the mowing man, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

Ok guys Im goiing to go and look at a used 2003 exmark with only 29 hours on it. What should i look for when looking at used mowers. For instance can the hour meter be reset to read false mower useage. Any help would be greatly apreciated. Its a 23kaw 52inch lazer z.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A 2003 with 29 hours will not need anything to look at. It would be almost impossible to hurt it. Plus it still carries the warrenty.
    The meter could not be reset, but I guess someone could unplug it.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The hour meter can easily be disconnected like Hoss said. Exmark warranties are not transferable. A mower with only 23 hours on it should look like it is brandnew. The tires should still have all of the little casting tips on them. The paint should still be fairly intact on the left hand side of the mower deck and underneath too. There should be no signs of any leaks, either hydro or engine. Just in general it should look like it is brandnew.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If i get time i will post a pic of a lazer 2004 with 23 hours on it. Probably be an hour or 2, im going out to install the suspention seat and get rid of the rops before they kill me.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

No Richard, eXmark warrenties are now transferrable. They did that a year or 2 ago. So the mower will have coverage.

6. lawnman_scott

here are a couple of pics

lawn equipment 001.jpg

7. lawnman_scott

heres the 2nd one

lawn equipment 003.jpg

8. lawnman_scott

lol and i can spell, if i would check what i have typed before i send it, (suspension) lol

9. Dan the mowing man

Dan the mowing man LawnSite Member

Thank you for your help. Does $5000 sound good for a 2003 exmark lazer z 52inch 23kaw with 23 hours.

10. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I'd buy it for that price all day.