Need 2 place Trimmer Rack and BP Blower Rack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yacht, Jan 21, 2003.

1. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

One of my new equipment purchases this year includes a 2-place trimmer rack and a back pack blower rack to fit my Redmax EB7001 backpack blower. I've looked at several websites but can't tell from a picture what is gonna be the best choice. Does anyone have any suggestions on whats the best value both quality and price wise?

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

trimmertrap.com is a good start. There are others, just do a search for "trimmer racks" and you will find a boat load of information. I think the trimmer trap that holds 2 trimmers is around $100 and the blower rack is around $75.

Good luck
    MATT

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, trimmertrap is the best place to go.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

5. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Trimmertrap's 2 unit looks like the unlocked side could bounce out of the holster. Nothing retains the unlocked side and it looks like if you hit a decent bump that the unlocked side would come out and you would have the weedeater dragging on the pavement. Anyone have any experience with this model?

6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Your weedeater or edger can NOT bounce out of the unlocked side of any Trimmertrap rack. There is a small round bar "peg" that is directly over the saddle and prevents that end from jumping out. I should add, " Unless they have changed their design in the last year or two".:)

7. TYLAWN

TYLAWN LawnSite Member

here's the best deal I have found. Email this guy customfabrications@hotmail.com He has racks on Ebay. I contacted him and he built me a dual trimmer rack for $50, but I also picked it up. I think he gets $70 for the racks if he ships. They come with locking pins on one side and you can buy some long shank padlocks for the other side. Do a search on ebay by seller and enter "customfabrications" and you can see the quality of his work. He also has a great seller rating.;)

8. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with TYLAWN. This guy is great. I bought 2 blower rakes from him for my Stihl blowers. FABULOUS....

Contact him, I think he has a couple listings on eBay right now..

9. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

If i was buying,it would be tt.the tt hold the weedeaters down somewhat.I built my own weedeater,backpac blower,and sprayer rack,my w/e racks let my w/e bounce around and broke the shaft right under the handle on 2 weedeaters.I don't use them anymore,but other racks work great.next a cooler rack.--I get my steel for .05lb at wrk.my bower rack cost me 1.00.When Iget a dig.camera i'll post some picts.:)

10. yacht

yacht LawnSite Member

Sorry...it wasn't trimmertrap it was the 2 place made by Jungle Jim's that looks like it may allow the trimmer to jump out of the unlocked side. Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

Thanks Tylawn for the info on the customfab website. I saw that he does have a 2 place on ebay. Does that unit keep your trimmer secured in between the two brackets? Looks like there's room for it to bounce around and cause damage to the trimmer.

Thanks again:blush: