Need 36inch walk behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mch181, Aug 2, 2004.

1. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I'm trying to start a lawn buizz and i have been looking all over the internet for a 36" to 42" deck walk behind mower. I'm not sure whether I should get a hydro or gear drive (hydro seems to be more $$$$$!!). Also I don't have all the $$$$$ in the world. I need something low end easy to use and LOW ON THE MONEY!!! I have been looking @ Gravely,Exmark,Yazoo Kees and the quick 36. I could also use some help on identifying this one mower @ my retail mower sales store. It's a yellow walk behind with folding side decks. If u want 2 give me info quicker my email is CKingair351@aol.com Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

if you are looking for a used one talk to Premierlandscaping from this site...I know he has one for sale...

Trevor

3. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Thanks but I don't want to go with a used model cause i will have this buizz til after college. Do u have a used model? Oh and i have an echo trimme echo bp blower and a craftsman 22" 6.5 hp honda engine mower. Is that BETTER QUICK 32" good or how about the BILLY GOAT 32"? Can u pls find prices on the billy goat and tell me if it is a good model? Is gear driven good? Thanks a bunch!!!!!! Apreciate it!!!!!!!

4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

try doing a search on this information...

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Does better outdoor products have a 32"? I only know of the Better Quick 36"...It has recieved almost solid reviews from what i have heard.

Trevor

6. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Now I had just looked @ hustler turf equip and i saw the super walk behind. Anyone know if thats a depndable model or is it pricey? I'm looking to the $2,000-$3500 range for any walk behind. I would like the biggest deck available so I will need to do a search!!! Thanks!!!!

7. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

The fold-up deck mower that was yellow that you were talking about is a Great Dane. I believe it is called a Gateway. It is 36 inches with the half of the deck up, and 72 with it down.

If you are looking for a mower that will fit through a gate, I would look around for 32" mowers. I have found that Gravely, Exmark, Toro, Scag, and Encore make good 32" mowers. Out of all of these choices, I especially like the Gravely gear drive, fixed deck 32" model. It's pretty good value for all that is included. Exmark makes a nice 32" hydro - called the Viking. I've heard great reviews on both.

Hydro or belt? Hydros require more service usually, and belts won't have zero turn capabilities or instant forward to reverse. If you can deal without having this, I'd go for a gear drive. Hydros are especially good for lawns with lots of obstacles and curves.

Another thing you might want to investigate are fixed and floating decks. Floating decks usually are easier to change the mowing height on and won't scalp on hills, but the fixed decks are cheaper. I like the 32" Gravely (although I don't have one) because it is a mix between the floating and fixed decks. The height is easy to change, but it is still a fixed deck - which cuts down on the price.

PM me if you want more info.

Seth

8. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

K so i had found found that the bg 33" mower was under 2 grand and same with the better outdoor quick 36. which one is best?
    thanks

9. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Thx but my property (and others) are awfuly hilly and very wide. My dad says he won't let me get a riding mower cause it will flip over and i would probably die!!! I want something quiet and stable pls!! Thx

10. mch181

mch181 LawnSite Member

Do u no how much that great dane gateway is? Under $3000?