1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a 32in mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheChiefsLawnCare, Jul 22, 2012.

1. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I have a toro 32in floating tbar that I am not happy with the cut quality. I am looking to replace it with a 32 because I want to be able to get into backyards. So I am trying to get some names thrown out there that are good for MULCHING. I would also like to be able to bag if needed. I have looked at the wright and liked what i saw but i have heard mixed reviews and I would have to deal with spacers to change the height. So give me some names of mowers that I can look into that you know are good. I personally thing the toro i have would be a good machine if they wouldn't have been cheap and lazy and put two blades on the danm thing like exmark did.
  2. LALawnboy

LALawnboy LawnSite Senior Member

3. TheChiefsLawnCare

yeah i know toro has a 32 2 blade its the fixed deck tho. i didnt want the fixed deck because i wanted easy height adjustment. they should have kept their floating deck model a 2 blade also.
  4. Ferris hydrocut
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Trust me, you don't want more than two blades on a 32" mower...it will clog like hell in wet grass.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. TheChiefsLawnCare

Yeah, i know i dont want more then two blades. I should have gotten the 32 that came with two blades. I have the floating deck which means it has a single blade and it cuts like crap.
  7. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

the deck dont float , but to me no biggy lifting up front end on a 32 and adjusting height , on our 32 exmark belt drivens with 15hp kaws . but i love them . that said ive only been in business 13 years running only exmarks so dont know anything else