1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a 36" w/b, what's my best bet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by big tim afm, Sep 4, 2004.

1. big tim afm

big tim afm LawnSite Member

As far as a good walk behind, can i get a good mower for $2000.00 name brand?
  2. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Yes Toro proline Belt Drive. $2000 I have one no regrets
  3. jhawk71

jhawk71 LawnSite Member

For $2500 you can get a scag belt drive, I've had mine for two years no problems whatsoever. Also it will leave a pretty nice stripe with doubles.
  4. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

If this is going to be your primary mower, seriously consider doubling that 2k figure and get a hydro.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I vote exmark metro. I got a 32" model and love it. I also would recommend getting a 32" over a 36".
  6. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Better Quick 36, there's an icon for them at the top of this page on the bottom right. Had mine all summer, no complaints.
  7. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark is a proven quality machine. 32" might not be a bad choice over the 36". If I were to do it again, I would get the 32".
    Find a way to upgrade to a hydro also. You hear it over and over again on these boards!
  8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I'll second the fact that if you're going to be using this mower as a primary machine, you need to get a hydro. You will not regret it.
  9. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

i'm selling mine.
  10. 2tall

2tall LawnSite Member

Also, you may want to check out the Ferris line of mowers.