Need a Broadcast Spreader, Help!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Planter, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Planter

Planter LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I will be getting one this week.
    Choices are:
    Lesco at $315
    Anderson SR2000 at $455
    or a Spyker, model to be determined.

The Anderson is probably the best with the most uniform pattern, but is $150 more than the Lesco. Parts may be a problem in the future.

The Spykers seem to be well made. Anyone here use them? How's do they handle, how uniform are they and are parts available for them?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been pushing a lesco spreader around for the last 14 years. Have you looked into a perma-green? Quadruple the production. If you really want to grow your lawn division, this is the route I would suggest you take.

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have been using a Lesco for 3 years and really like it plus I use Lesco fertilizer.

4. Tscape

Tscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the 100 lb'er from Lesco. You won't ever be sorry. I know you didn't mention it, but Earthways are junk!

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would look seriously into a Spyker GolfPro. That is a well built machine. I have one year in on a Earthway C24SS and have been satisfied so far. my Earthway has been a solid unit. I have heard some people complain about their no-commercial units. If you want to check out the Earthways go to www.outsidepride.com. they have some good prices.

6. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

I'm also considering the SR-2000. I noticed that Shindaiwa has a stainless steel spreader as well. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with a Shin spreader?

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the Lesco and The Shindawa walk behind spreaders.
    Interesting enough, the Shin RS 75 professional has the same calibration schedule as the Lesco. The only aspect of the Shin I do not like is the lack of a discharge shield.
    Other than that, the Shin is much easier to push evenly through different turf types than the Lesco due to the longer handles.

8. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the lesco,
    Pete D.

9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry for the bad link above. That is the site I bought my spreader on, but it must no longer exist.

10. I like the spyker spreader