Need a business license

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Guthrie&Co, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

WEll i have the insurance and need to take the applicators license. but i want to get a business lincese. how do you do it and how does it work etc etc. do they come and check you out? what for i have no idea but i know nothing about em and i am sure i need to get one. as far as the applicators license i took the test and passed opne part and missed the other by one friggin point. however in my defense i knew nothing about pesticides at the time of taking the test. by the way i am in nc.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I don't know how it is there, but in KS you HAVE to be a certified applicator before you get your business license....no other way. Also, why would you want to pay for the insurance if you are not certified???

3. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Not sure what order you're doing this all in (are you already in business doing something other than fert/pest such as mowing?) but if you want to JUST do chemical apps, you probably need the applicator's license before the business license. However, if you offer other services that don't require an applicator's license (mowing, landscaping, etc) then you would need to go ahead and get your business license.

Here in TN that process is very simple - you go online to your state's website, download the form, and mail it in. They never come out to check you out or ask you any questions or anything, you just mail it in, pay your money, and they mail you a license.