Need A buyer & seller's contract....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by greenngrow, Feb 20, 2003.

1. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

As some of know I am in the process of purchasing a local LCO.
    We are getting down to the contract stage.
    Yes they have come down in price and we are both in agreement on how much money down and the monies to be paid over time.

What I am looking for is a contract for the this transaction. I have some ideas of what to haven in the contract. But I need to make sure of the small things.

I am all open to ideas and suggestions. I am looking forward to all the replies.

2. Casey

Casey LawnSite Member

there are a lot of legal things I will do without a lawyer, we even set up our own LLC. But I would never take on the purchase of a business without a competent lawyer. And I have found it is best to have your lawyer draw up the contract.

3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I would recommend that you talk with a lawyer. The price will be very small compared to the purchase price and will hopefully keep you out of trouble.

Gravely_Man

4. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

I am definitely going to get a lawyer to write the contract up. What I am needing is the meat of the contract. Things that the lawyer may forget to have in the document.

I know that there are some of you out there that have purchased a LCO in the past few years that may have the contract laying around.

5. Doburf@cs.com

Doburf@cs.com LawnSite Member
    from WV

If your lawyer has had any experience at all with contract litigation he will know exactly what "meat" goes in the agreement. If he doesn't, you have to ask yourself what am I paying him for? and Should I get another lawyer.