1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need A Catch Phrase

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Billz, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

I am starting another lco trying to market small poorer neighborhoods... All the lawns are about 4000 sq ft, and I would like a small phrase to start a new flyer I am making...something like maybe" Why spend the weekend working too?, or something simple like need lawncare?" Anyone got any ideas they can share?
  2. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

No, really if i had to market lower middle class I would go for a head line like:
    If you make more than $20.00 per hour it's worth it to hire me!
    blah, blah about your service.......
  3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Poor people won't pay anyone to cut their grass....why? They are Poor.
  4. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

How about:

"We accept food stamps with proper ID."
    "Dirty weeds, cut dirt cheap."
    "Hey, sombody's got to do it"
    "Cheap cuts, reliability extra"
    "I'm the guy who can do it for fifteen dollars"
    "Catch me now... before I'm out of business"
  5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

you know what, if i didn't care about my business rep, i would advertise to lower markets and just shred right though the lawns, blow clippings where ever i please, cut the lawn at 3 different lengths, leave clumps evewhere only weedwhack grass that is over a foot high. it would be fun not having to worry, if they only want to pay hack prices they deserve a hack job without the lco feeling bad, but anyway to get back on the subject how about something like,

you don't have to spend the green to to have a beautifull green

you don't have to spend the green, to have us cut your green
  6. Billz

Billz LawnSite Member

Well, I have a successful company here where I live. I have an extra 52" toro wb and a small trailor that it fits into perfectly. All I would need is a small truck to pull it. If I tried this and market to the small $20.00 yards only as a different company, I have a guy who would do it. He is a great worker, I figure he would knock at least 3 of them out in an hour, and I would just collect the money. Has anyone tried this? I would only target the small postage stamp size lawns that I do not target now. Can you own 2 competing companies?
  7. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Why a different company? It seems like it would be confusing, new insurance, new filing with the state, and a whole new set of taxes. Why not just add this guy to your existing company as another "route"?
  8. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is, the Professional Landscape Company that cuts your cost
  9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Billz,

I don't know if you can use this or not but a while back I saw an LCO with "Cheapscapes for Cheapskates" painted on the side of his truck.
  10. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

if the economics work out, i'm a very firm believer in owning multiple, similar companies that hit different target demographics.

some cards need to be held close to the vest, so i'll leave it at that. :)