Need a chipper in Lexington, KY BADDDDDDLY

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Feb 17, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

Lexington got hit with the worst ice storm in its history. Basically every house that had a mature tree in it, has major cleanup to do. This will take weeks to clean up and at least one week to restore power to the entire city.

If anyone has any idea of someplace around central kentucky or I'm going to Knoxville tomorrow and picking up a truck that has a chipper to rent, please let me know. I think that I will be needing it for at least a week. Thanks. Also, unsure if it is possible, If you could get me phone # and if you could go the extra mile and hold it for me, that would be awesome. If not please call me on my cell @ 859-421-0278 if no answer, please leave message with info.

2. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

not going to let this die. We need seroius help. Half of teh city is w/out power and expected to be a week.

3. Best idea I have is try the chipper dealers-most rent also.

Vermeer dealer locater
    http://www.vermeer.com/dealer.htm

Bandit

I'm sure there are others, I deal with Vermeer so thats all I had handy.
    We had a storm break a lot of trees 8-9 years ago. I went through and cleared drives and problem hangers first. went back and did clean up & hauling later.

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry can't help you wit a chipper.
    We had a big ice storm up here last winter. Same story, no power and everything was trashed. I did all my clean ups with out a chipper. We just used chainsaws, and loppers. Then stacked everything in piles. The city picked up the piles in town. After we had all of our accounts picked up we went back to the ones in the country and removed the piles. Some of them chose to burn the piles, which was fine by me.
    The raking is what takes the longest. It's amazing to see a branch shatter like that.

5. greenngrow

greenngrow LawnSite Senior Member

Brent,

Just now able to get on the internet. I am trying to find one for another guy. I will see what I can do..