Need a Contract!?!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mike84, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Mike84

Mike84 LawnSite Member

I was just looking at some contracts and most seem to be for full landscaping jobs. I just do regular cutting trimming and blowing jobs. I Start in 2 days and still havent found a proper contract and really have no clue. Can anybody assist me with this?? I got clients who want to sign on for the season but i have nothing for them to sign! Please help! Somebody. I tried searching the website and all i came up with was big landscaping jobs.

I'd be of soo much help if someone can give me a sample or something.

my email is Msidhu99@hotmail.com

Thanks

2. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

Let me get this straight....

I searched the web, visited libraries, spoke to people hear, wrote a sample, used my brain, paid my attorney to review and make any necessary changes, and you just want me to give that to you for free? Snowball's chance in hell.

Here's "something" I can give you....

Do your homework jackass!!

3. Mike84

Mike84 LawnSite Member

Hi,

Thanks for the advice but iam only 15 years old and dont have the money for an attorney. And your calling me names. All i wanted was a little advice. Sorry for asking for too much.

4. DJL

DJL LawnSite Member

so in other words, you are pushing around mom and dads mower and doing the neighbors lawn. Ah yes...probablly took one of my accounts in which the homeowner told me the neighborhood kid can do it for 20 less a week. No wonder you guys make money, you have no expenses.

Idea...ride your bike to the nearest officemax or office depot and buy one of the pre-made contractor forms. That should do. It will cost you about twenty bucks though.......

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

What a prick. If you dont get one I will convert mine for you. Its in publisher format. I can convert it to word or works if you dont have publisher.

6. EnvEdge

EnvEdge LawnSite Member

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48786

Try this it might help.

Though if you are only 15 I don't think you could actually sign a contract since you are underage(or I should say legally enforce it). The more legal types might be able to tell you if that's plausible.

Though I will tell you, you don't really need contracts (and that's my opinion), we didn't use them for the first 5 years of operation. And the ones we have now are nothing more than a "I'm cutting your grass this year" type contract. Less than a page long.

It's also difficult to give you a straight answer when we're not sure why the other contracts didn't fit your liking. If just download one from somewhere you can reword it to your liking, but alas consult an attorney. :)

Good Luck

7. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

you cannot enter into a legally binding contract at the age of 15. from any court's viewpoint, the contract would be completely useless. however, maybe you could get your mom or dad to sign it for you.

8. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Just tell them that loyalty is important to you and say that you wont quit on them. Do they want a contract because your price is so low? I would never sign a contract with a client unless i fear them switching to a lower price lco, but never when they are so willing. IMO, there is a reason they want a contract so bad, or maybe its just because they are use to that.

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I agree, I'll do the same.

DJL, if you want to jump on everyone that is in need of help, you're in the wrong place, pal. And if it's just when people need a contract that pisses you off, and you feel the need to make them feel unwelcomed.....you'd better cancel some appointments and get your typing fingers ready. It's a common question on here, so get used to it, get off of your high horse, and may I suggest a trip to the doctor for a possible prescription of valium?

Jeeze.

10. jgarciasr

jgarciasr LawnSite Member