1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a Florida Job this winter!

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by kootoomootoo, Aug 18, 2003.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys, anyone need a Landscaper / Foreman for January, February say until mid March 2004.

Experienced landscape design, skid steer and attachments, front end loader, irrigation, pesticide application, golf course operations etc etc.

Need a working holiday to escape the snow!

Orlando preferred but will consider anything!

email: coreaeration@yahoo.com
  2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Two very popular bumper sticker here in Florida are.

1. "We don't care how you did it up North"

2. "If you love Ohio take I-75"

What I am trying to say is. Come to Florida and enjoy your vacation, We have a lot to offer. As far as working as a foreman for two Winter months, I don't think so. Our growing season is very heavy during the summer and slower in the winter. I for one will not hire an out of state winter guy when there are so many local maintenance guys out of work during the winter months. Don't mean to kill your dreams, just put it in perspective. Try dish-washing, restaurants need more help in tourist season.
  4. kootoomootoo

Dishwashing!!! lol

I think i will spend the first month soliciting a few installs and the 2nd and 3rd month doing them. Any contractors wanna sub some work let me know.

Home of the college football champs for a reason!

Go Buckeyes!
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

How do you get a pest license in fl? Work under someone who has one for 3 years continuasly. And dont mention that your from Ohio and only here for a few months. Doesnt exactly sound great does it? Sounds kind of "fly by night". Im not saying you are, im sure your not, but it does happen here lots and lots.
  6. kootoomootoo

More thinking along the lines of installing a few palm trees and or a few retaining walls, new construction, a few designs etc etc.
    No Mowing! No Lawn Care! Have insurance!
  7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You are not the first or the last Yankee to come south with big ideas. Be sure to have the right luggage. Carpet Bag will do.

FYI. As of Dec. 31, 2003 new workman comp law takes effect. Everyone in construction industry must have Florida workers comp. even one man operators. Landscape installs fall under that law. Lawn mowing doesn't. Good Luck
  8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hope you are enjoying our fine Spring Weather. Yes January was still a little cold Never got over the low 70's. But by February 15 until May 15 our weather is some of the best. Right now it is Spring break and the College Girls are flooding our beaches in their String Bikinis. They are even dancing on the bar at my local Hang out, a small workingman bar. Darn I love the weather this time of the year, but hate all the traffic.