1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need a good 20+ inch mower any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigw, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys im in the market for a good small mower for small jobs and for my wife to use at home { she likes to mow } but i dont want any junk because i may use it myself on some jobs.
    I had a toro 22'' 6.5 hp and it was ok but it died today and i dont want another toro and im not looking to buy a 36 or 32 either so what else is out their thats good and under 28''?
  2. N.TX

N.TX LawnSite Senior Member
    from TEXAS

Try toro commercial
  3. f150 with bobcat

f150 with bobcat LawnSite Member

toro is a great choice you can also try lawnboy or a snapper
  4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I haven't used one yet, but the Husqvarna Commercial 21" looks like a dang nice unit. Know of quite a few of them being used around here. I'll probably get one next summer if I decide to buy a new 21".
  5. DaughtryLC

DaughtryLC LawnSite Senior Member

Toro Personal Pace!!
  6. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

well i bought the lawn boy personal pace which is owned by toro now,it has a honda motor and is really nice.

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah Honda makes some good long lasting engines
  8. djchiodo3

djchiodo3 LawnSite Senior Member

How old was your Toro? I have used Toro push mowers commercially for years. It takes a lot to kill a mower engine. Did you maintain the mower?Check oil and all the other things that go alone with routine maintenance?
    If you are not big on maintenance I would buy the cheapest mower out there. No sense in wasting money nor a good machine..
  9. Allamericanlandscaping

Allamericanlandscaping LawnSite Member

Honda commercial has fared me well.
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the Honda HRX217 great mower can change from bagging to mulching in a second. Either way, I agree with Redmaxman Honda makes great engines