Need a good brush mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jaybird24, Jun 11, 2008.

1. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Well I had one of our customers talk one of my guys into mowing a vacant lot with our new 60" Toro Zmaster. Needless to say We need 2 new spindle shafts and keys. Normally we rent a Billy Goat brush mower, but we have had a lot of rain so he was trying to do more than he should. So my question is are any of the other brush mowers any better? We will be buying one soon so everyone knows there is a dedicated machine at the shop for this work. We have one for the skidloader, but for these 1/4-1/2 acre lots with houses all around I'd rather not pull it out. Any advice is appreciated.

2. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

3. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

get the DR i have the big pull behind for my quad and its simply the best

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Those Billy Goats sure seem bullet proof. We rented one and ran it all day
    cutting down horse weeds and young trees that were almost 6 foot tall. I couldn't hardly believe how well it performed.

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

the dr is the way to go. just make sure to get the commercial model. it plows great also.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Apparently, both the Billy Goat and DR brands are good machines ... however, I'm partial to the Billy Goat brand because I have both of their other mowers ... I plan to get a Billy Goat brush cutter next !!

7. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

You can't go wrong with the Billy Goat or DR. I own the DR, but I also like the BG and Giant Vac. I went with the DR because of a floating deck, bigger engine and the ability to take attachments. But the Billy Goat is built like a tank and they must be solid machines as most of the rental places carry them. I now have some pictures of my DR in my profile(picture album), if you want to check them out. When you get your Billy Goat, see if you can get calcium filled tires for it. You never know the stuff you will run over on an overgrown property.

8. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

We are introducing our brush cutter next week. There is a post on lawnsite with pictures. It really is built like a tank.

David

9. petroskie

petroskie LawnSite Senior Member

where is the post so we can all have a peak, im very interested since thats my main work

10. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

It is under renovation
    Posted via Mobile Device