Need a good residential Push Lawn Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcmurrytw, Aug 1, 2001.

1. mcmurrytw

mcmurrytw LawnSite Member

I am looking for a good residential ~21" push lawn mower. I would like to spend less that $400. Any suggestions?

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

search 21" mowers* copy and paste that to the search page

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Your using it for residential lawns commercially? Or, your using it for your own home use?

4. if you want to get something for under 400, then you are not gonna be looking at a honda, i would say look at some toro's or lawnboys, maybe a snapper. those are the 3 that you will hear about on here i would say.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Ariens makes quality equipment also.

6. pyrocare

pyrocare LawnSite Member

Early this year I tried out an Ariens ZTR, I was not impressed. After about one week I was throughing a belt in every lawn and then about two weeks later the engine blew-up :mad:. I don't know if this is a representation of all Ariens equiptment, but if it is I wouldn't own another Ariens piece of equiptment.

Just my 2 cents

7. siclmn

siclmn LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a self propelled 6 Hp Honda dedicated mulcher a few months ago. It was $360. I like it so much that I don't use my $1100 hydrostatic model any more. No more bagging and everybody is still happy. You can get the push model for even less money.

8. CONNIE2000_2001

CONNIE2000_2001 LawnSite Member
    from SCOTT

I WANTED TO KNOW WHY A SPARK PLUG WOULD KEEP ON BURNING OUT. WHAT WOULD BE THE RPLOBLEM WITH THE LAWN MOWER.
    I HAVE BEEN TOLD MANY THINGS NOTHING SEEMS TO WORK.
    IT IS JUST A SIMPLE PUSH MURRY LAWN MOWER
    THANK YOU CONNIE:(