need a good striper

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JBird, Apr 11, 2004.

1. JBird

JBird LawnSite Member

I have a JD737 with a 54 inch deck. I would like a striper but JD doesn't make one for that 54 in. deck Any suggestions? Also, OEM blades vs. Gators or the like? Thanks for your help.

Time is money
  2. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

I want a good stripper too... but they always seem to want to much money for them, either that or their married.
  3. tedk

tedk LawnSite Member

yea, sell the j.d. and get an exmark.
  4. chris28

chris28 LawnSite Member

I recently got the "Checkmate" from Big League Lawns and it works well. I put it on my scag 52" w/b. Easy to install. @ $200.
    Stripes nice, customers liked it. Worth a look. Just make sure you order the proper size--(smaller than your cutting deck so it doesnt hit anything as you make turns). I put a 39" on mine.
  5. Mowin'Maniac

Mowin'Maniac LawnSite Member

Ya know Ted, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there's nothing wrong with a deer.
  6. By the Yard

By the Yard LawnSite Member

Checkmate is where it's at. I also bought one for my 36 Metro and my Proline. Does a great job! Nothing wrong with the Deer, by the kit and mow away my friend!
  7. poonero

poonero LawnSite Member
    from ny

jd makes a striper for that the part #TCB10833 they just released the part on 3-13-05
  8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I bought a $12 heavy rubber mat from TSC and made a great striper.....$20 total with hardware...

9. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just looking into one for my scag zrt.. wow the scag ones are expensive.They do look well built though.