1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need a leaf vac for a ZTR

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mike9497, Sep 3, 2003.

which do you like

1. Peco

4 vote(s)
  2. Trac Vac

4 vote(s)
  3. Protero almost like an ultra vac

7 vote(s)
  4. other please state what your using

2 vote(s)
  1. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

well as everyone knows i have exmark mowers.i picked up a new lazer this season.well my other lazer has the ultra vac which works fair,but im looking for something that holds more and runs under its own power.just wanted to see what you guys like using
  2. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't know you used Exmark, Mike.
  3. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Peco looks like a nice set up, but I like the ultra vac. Have quite the amount of overhangs, and hat removers on my props. I can duck, the peco cant.
  4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a peco type mounted on my cub 60" and have had no problems with it.
  5. mike9497

anyone use a trac vac?? peco is a nice unit but i have to go from the back yard up to the front yard to unload it into my truck.where a trac vac i just keep replacing the can and keep on moving
  6. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a Protero Pro Vac for my Bob-Cat ZTR 61. It has the 25 horse Kohler. I like it very much.

I got the smaller vac of the two that they offer. Its a really solid heavy duty machine. Very well built. The blower runs off a pulley on the right hand blade. I can also take the whole unit off in 3 minutes, ones I got the sequence down.

I can empty it right from the seat. If I want I can stick two trash barrels into the hopper and it will fill them.

On the down side it seems to be useless in wet thick grass. It clogs in no time. But that could be do to the fact that my Bob-Cat clumps bad in the wet grass. One clump, and its clogged. Also its big. The hopper is a big square mettle box. It is easy to hit things. Theres not much visibility with it on. Iv taken bark off trees. Iv whacked telephone pole wires.

All in all I'm very happy with it. I would makes sure I have plenty of hors power though.
  7. mike9497

the lazer is a 27 hp kohler
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone use Blue Bird catchers? That's what Yazoo/Kees uses as their OEM catcher, I think. They have several different styles available.

Mike, I've never used a catcher on mine, but from the way you talk and the fact that you have the 27hp Kohler.....why not just go with the 3 bag Ultravac?
  9. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

This work GREAT.