Need a little help estimating price for job?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Serenity Landscaping, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Serenity Landscaping

Serenity Landscaping LawnSite Member

Hi , This is all new to me I need input on what to charge a customer for the various services : sod removal aprox.2 yards ,3 yrds. of rock & dirt , grading of 3 yrds. of dirt , installation of 5 diamond edge, removing 2 shrubs & replanting , sod transfer 1 yrd , install weed block , peat moss , paver walkway aprox. 12 pavers & bedline 4 / 40 also planting 16 plants .

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

For the removal, you should be able to load 2 cubic yards an hour so there's that labor figure.

Then you need to get prices of the materials, figure in your cost for delivering and your labor to throw it all down (how long it will take, per hour). Likely the best way to do it is split it all up, how much for the plants, how much for the peatmoss, and so on... Then, figure how many trips you have to make (less is better), and about how long it will take to do each section, and add it all up.

3. Serenity Landscaping

Sorry I forgot to mention that the customer paid for all materials including delivery of dirt and rocks so were only being paid for labor. job took three days 21 hrs. in total.

4. Serenity Landscaping

I forgot to mention that customer covered all deliveries and purchased all materials can someone help me out fiquring out the amount owed for labor only 21 hrs. worth..:confused:

5. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

How are WE supposed to know what 21 hrs on labor is worth to YOUR business?

Unless you post your entire overhead and expenses and projected yearly revenue, there is no one on here that can guve you a figure