1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a little help with my Echo trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassrootsinab, Aug 4, 2004.

1. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

My cheapo Homelite bit the dust last week (6 years at 10 hrs per week, 6 months/yr....ran a LOT longer than I thought and pretty good for $100). I bought an Echo GT-2000 SB split boom trimmer. The operator's manual that came with it doesn't describe how to take the shaft apart. I went to the Echo website to look for the PDF download and they don't have anything. I need some advice as to how to split the boom. My dealer is 30 miles away so I thought maybe you guys might have an idea. I don't want to wreck anything doing it wrong. Thanks.
  2. turfrider

turfrider LawnSite Member
    from ohio

the knob in the middle of the pole,,you loosen it,,then slide the end off,,,place another attachment in it and tighten.
  3. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

Go to their web site www.echo-usa.com and you can download a complete owners manual along with some good diagrams and maintainance instructions.

4. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Once you loosen the knob, there is also a spring loaded mechanism on the opposite side. Pull the mechanism out while removing the shaft.
  5. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

I did go the website and can only find the manual for the GT-2000 not the split boom model. Its the same manual that I got from the dealer but it doesn't help at all. Thanks for the post though.