1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need A Little Help

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by p.june.n, Nov 13, 2007.

1. p.june.n

p.june.n LawnSite Member

i am hoping that someone can help me out with this, my husband and i just started our own lawncare and tree trimming business and we want to know how much to charge for and apartment complex that has 15 buildings not sure how many acres these buildings stand on...just wanted to know,i know we make up our own pricing but we want someone more experiance to help us,also is mulch included in the price or is it seperate...Thank You...
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

To be able to accurately bid something, you have to know your cob. (cost of doing business). What does it actually cost you to run your business? Do you have insurance costs? Equipment costs? Office supply costs? etc, etc, etc...
    You have to base YOUR cost off of YOUR business. We may be able to charge less than you... OR, we may have to charge more than you to do a job, for us to make a profit.
    How can you bid something if you don't even know how much acreage the place has? You will need to contact the apartment manager and find out the exact specs for this bid.
    We charge separately for mowing. Mulching, re-edging of beds is a separate cost.