need a new 21 inch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onlythebest, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Right now I would probably get an exmark 21 or toro commercial 21.

If I wanted to wait a little longer I would wait for the deere commercial 21 to come out (the new one).

2. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

nah i think il get the toro no good Deere dealer round here.

3. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Is the new commercial deere gonna be better than the homeowner models? I heard they had horrible wheels/bearings or something like that that broke in a few months.

4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

If you're in CAN then I assume you have a fair amount of rain, like we do here down in OR. NOTHING (in the 21" market) bags wet grass as good as a Honda. Nothing. There are another 10 reasons I use Hondas too. But that's reason enough.

5. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

in my opinion the deere is by far the best 21"...we currenly have a commercial honda that "replaced" our old deere's, it's a good machine but it's hard to handle, it's way too long so we went back to our deeres even though they are old and worn down...deere has the best cut and maneuvers the best, no complaints in wet grass...only thing we use the honda for is leaves, it has dual blades that chop them up very nicely, BUT it makes mowing grass more difficult, terrible in wet grass....don't know much about toro or exmark but have heard good things about the exmark...my vote is wait for the deere next year

6. onlythebest

onlythebest LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i know from experience deeres are good but i dont have a dealer around here so i think i will take a closer look at the Honda's and toros and il let you guys know what i decide to do. thanks again for the help.