need a new aerator...quick

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mac43rn, Aug 10, 2006.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Well not that quick, but the time is coming here in the midwest. I currently have a plugr 800 and it is a fine machine, but I have over 80 accounts already scheduled for this fall and that number will probably increase two/three fold for aerations only. I will be hiring to help do the walk behind, but I am thinking a good tow behind (pulling with golf cart/utility cart) will increase my productivity. Don't mind spending money for quality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

I bought Lescos tow behind model, and it works great. Simple sturdy design, with a platform on top where you can add weight, I put 300 lbs on top and 4 in. plug can be achieved. I payed arond $1,300.00

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We have a 36" Bluebird that does a decent job

4. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

the new turfco aerators with the turning ablility look nice, they even have a sulky to use

5. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

what do you use for weight??

thanks

6. LawnDawg65

LawnDawg65 LawnSite Member

The platform on top is a nice size, I put 6 bags of fertilizer and bungeed them down-- works great. The ground here is so hard now because of lack of rain, I even had two guys sit on that, no problems.

7. hmartin

hmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Lawndawg
    What kind of depth are you getting. My soil is very hard here also. I have been thinking about buying a unit like yours, but am afraid that I may not get much penetration and waste my money. The only thing local for me to rent is a Bluebird 48" tow behind or a small bluebird walk behind. How does your compare to the Bluebird.