Need a new estimate sheet.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by B&D Lawn Care, Mar 3, 2006.

1. B&D Lawn Care

B&D Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have one but it seems a little confusing. Here I'll let you check it out......

Sorry it seems that .xls is an invalid file. But I will send it to whoever wants to see it.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

What do you estimate lawn care landscape ?

4. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Duh, there it is Lawn care, OK Make a copy of a blank spreadsheet. Across the top write the months of the year, down the side write the various areas of the property that need to be serviced. Then I make notes in the field then come back and sit down and do some head scratching to calculate the time needed. Then you can avg. everything out and you can show the homeowner if you are so inclined. My clients are always impressed by it and they see the sense of it.
    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    • front ct yard 10 10 25 5 15 10 10 10
    • front lawn 10 10 15 15 23 23 23 23
    • cutting garden 0 3 5 15 10 0 0 0
    • Palms 0 0 30 180 0 0 15 15
    • Citrus 0 30 0 120 30 10 10 10
    • irrigation check 5 5 7 10 15 15 15 15
    • lighting check 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20
    get the picture? Different months require different amounts of time. For instance Palms, we fertilize them in March, late April we will cut out the blooms before they set fruit. We wont spend 3-hr per week we will spend 13 hrs in one day but I divide it by the 4.3 weeks of the month. If the bill is too high I can pull out the palm section and let the client deal with it, or they may want a lower monthly bill and we will bill it as an extra later. This is really annoying, try and figure it out, it does'nt come out the same on my preview as I typed it. it got all mashed together. I posted it before on a "what information do you track daily " thread. If you want I can PM it to you

5. B&D Lawn Care

Hey walker you mail

6. B&D Lawn Care

Walker, it won't let me send it to you.