Need a new forum for "scrub talk"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by xpnd, Feb 19, 2003.

1. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

Lawn site needs to add a new forum dedicated just for posting complaints about scrubs. I've not been here for a year yet, and it was old before the first time I saw a post about it. They're here, they will alwys be here, they are a fact of life and are the cost of doing business. Those customers that jump for a $10.00 or $20.00 cut in price after serveral years of service aren't the ones I want in my client base and those that accept the "It's so good, I can't beieve it's true bid" are ignorant and deserve what they get.

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

That would be a good forum. I look at it this way. If you have been a LCO of 5 years and never been under bid. YOU MIGHT BE A SCRUB!!!!

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I think those that continually complain about them are one themselves. A seperate forum would be great for that waste of conversation. If I get out bid by a few bucks, kudos to the other company for winning the bid. If I lose it by half or more, I consider it a blessing to not get that customer.

4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Amen Brother!!!!

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Well said, Xpnd and Randy. Every trade has scrubs. Painters, carpenters, roofers, etc.... The cream will always rise to the top!!!

6. woodycrest

woodycrest LawnSite Senior Member

So i am to assume that all you guys that complain about scrubs started your business as a professional?
    You knew it ALL the day you started your business?
    I doubt it.

7. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

How bout a site called www.scrubsite.com :angry:

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I agree.:)

9. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

A scrub forum would be nice to weed out 1/2 the crap that gets posted in this forum.

10. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

I agree, I am so sick of the posts about scrubs. People complain that other companies can work cheaper, maybe they need to worry about their own costs and not everyone elses. Just because someone may be cheaper does not make them a scrub. Companies with no debt and not alot tied up in equipment will be able to be a little cheaper and still make a nice profit, just like any other industry. Southwest Airlines and Walmart are good examples.