1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a New Lawn Mower - Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mxinter, Jun 12, 2008.

1. mxinter

mxinter LawnSite Member

Hi Guys,

I am in real need of a new commercial lawn mower but want to spend less than $800.

Could you kindly recommend something decent and that will not give me any issues.

I have about 20 houses and currently have a Toro 21" Commercial, but want to give myself another one....

Please send me a good recommendation please.

2. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

Get another Toro Commercial or buy a used 32" or 36" WB. Anything else would be a waste of time.
  3. mxinter

mxinter LawnSite Member

What's a WB? How about the ExMarks are they any good?
  4. hockeypro1411

hockeypro1411 LawnSite Senior Member

wb is a walk behind. yes exmarks are excellent mowers. tag an extra 4 in front of that 800 and youll have yourself a nice one
  5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are wanting to spend less then $800, theres a chance you could find an older (prob 90s model) commercial wb (walk behind) 32/36 inch or so. It may need some work. Otherwise, you could take a look at the commercial Snapper. I think its in the neighborhood of 800 roughly, maybe a little more.
  6. mxinter

mxinter LawnSite Member

Thanks Guys.

If i go with the WB, which one do you recommend?

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Spend some more and get a machine you can depend on. Look at the Quick 36's
  8. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

The Snapper 21 commercial is a good mower...I have had some teething problems with mine, but they are supposed to have it fixed today so time will tell. I also have 2 more Snapper home owner models and one is 25 years old and they have been trouble free.
  9. Koby

Koby LawnSite Member

so are you telling me i can get a walk behind for $800??
  10. fox9988

fox9988 LawnSite Member

Fairly new myself but as i understand it---
    WB-Walk behind self propelled mower usually 32" up to maybe 48"(or bigger)
    I think you are talking about a push mower(some times refered to as WB)but instinct tell me I'm no longer walking but pushing:cry: