Need a New Motor!!!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ALAN'S LAWN CARE, Sep 7, 2005.

1. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

Hi Everybody,
    I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I am in need of a 5 HP motor for a chipper/shredder!! Mine got tore up while working on a job!! :realmad: I will take a somewhat used motor!!! I got to find something fast, with fall coming on so quick!!! Thanks in Advance, Alan

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

here's a link to a good place with fast shipping, I am really happy with a motor I got from them.
    http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/

4. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

I will see what I can come up with off these 2 websites!!! I really appreciate it!!!

5. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

HTML:
    Mine got tore up while working on a job!! 
    What is wrong with it?

6. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

some how the crank got bent know it wont start..i put a new coil on it and plug then i found out the crank was bent....if i got another used chipper with a 5 horse will that motor fit on mine??someone gave me a a small chipper with a 5 horse on it can i change the motors out???i had someguy tell me it wont work..because the shafts are taperd....they start out big then go small or something like that.....i need all the help i can get to get my chipper in service... thanks guys...alan

7. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

[​IMG] this is somewhat like mine but i thimk mines a dynamark and its got a 5 horse

8. scottishmaximus

scottishmaximus LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

if your problem is a bent shaft, you can straighten them out with a sledge hammer. Have fixed three 5 horse b&s lawnmower engines this way.

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

are you sure you didn't shear a flywheel key, those shear and can run really wierd after, or they won't run at all. causes them to shake like he!! if they run.

10. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

from IOWA

YEP I CHECKED THE FLY WHEEL key and put new coil and plug in still dont run......what else could it be??