Need a new mower.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MattsMowing3535, Aug 4, 2006.

1. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Hi this post may seem rather odd becuse I am guessing most of the people here are much older then me. I am 15 years old nad mow 5 lawns on average a week. Sometimes about 10 I use a 30" CubCadet rider and a toro 21" push. I will be 16 in the spring and if ive saved enough I hope to get a small trailer and a truck or jeep to pull around 1 mower. I need advice on where to get a good used mower preferably a ZTR or a Stander. I plan on haveing around 20-25 lawns next year. I dont have much more then 3,000 for a mower and Im guessing that wont get me much. But I need something before I go putting out my fliers! Thanks for any advice.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

get a w/b... Lesco is having incredible sales right now. we just picked up a 52" Hydro for $3600.. it'll last you forever if you take care of it right.. IMO any w/b i ever get will be a Lesco... the Z's im a little iffy about not sure if i like em that much.. but ya still cant beat the price of 6300 for a 60" but thats just my .02. before you get a truck, trailer, mower or anything else. get registered and insured.

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Call your local dealers and see what they have used. Check on ebay as well as the market place!

4. onthesidelawncare

onthesidelawncare LawnSite Member
    from Jax. FL

Check out the quick 36 that is what I have started with

5. MattsMowing3535

I found a 52" used gear drive for 900 looks sorta old but it should last. Im just wondering how much worse a gear drive is then a hyrdo I mean I know the diffrences and everything just not srue what the wear on the engine/machine is with the diffrences. Also im gonea be 16 in spring can I even get registered/insured? I think i need to wait until I am 18 to do that.

6. MattsMowing3535

I dont know if a 36 can do it for me becuse I need something big to use well school is in. I have to try and get all my lawns in a short 2-3 hour period m-f So i need a big big mower or something that cruises with a walkbehind i think its gonea be big cuase theres no 10+mph there

7. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

I picked up a 48" stander with a 17hp kawi with 775 hrs in mint cond for 3300. There are good deals out there for used stuff.

8. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i know a guy who got a used hustler fastrack 60", not sure of engine hp, last week for 3k. i think he said it had like 750 hrs on it.

9. MattsMowing3535

Do you know where its located?

10. LawnmanJ

LawnmanJ LawnSite Member

Thats a good deal.... Nice motor IMO....Should work out well for you