1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a new stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Dunn's, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Two of our stick edgers bit the dust this week. One primary and one back-up.

So we need a new stick edger any suggestions on what brand we should get and the experience you have had with that brand would be appreciated. Also if you know the generel price of that edger. Would be great as well.
  2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

We're happy w/ the straight shaft strato charged remax sticks. Not sure model 2500?? Around $400 after tax
  3. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

I use the straight shaft Stihl. Works like a gem. Get the wide blades.
  4. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ditto the above.

5. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

John Deere XT140SELE Right around $300 and tons of power!!
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I've been using the curved shaft stick edgers for about 15 years. But I think the next one I buy is going to be the Redmax HEZ3001S straight shaft. I may hate it and want to go back to curved, but the big-engined Redmax has me intrigued.
  7. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

Have any of you tried the edgit. I just got one and I think it was the best 75 dollars I have ever spent. I can't see how I ever got by without one.
    I haven't ever tried a stick edger though, just a three wheeled thing. So I'm not sure if its better than a stick edger but it does edge a whole hell of a lot better than one of the three wheeler things.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

My guys like the echo PE-230 i have bc it has enough power to get it done but its not overpowering to where you can screw some edging up if your not careful. We use trimmes most of the time though to edge.
  9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Oh come on girls! This is an edger, and it keeps you in shape at the same time! :waving:

10. J&T Kiev

J&T Kiev LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.W In.

I use Sthil FC110's..plenty of power. I Install a "star blade" on my stick edgers,conventional blades ware out much faster. The FC110'S power, combined with a star blade will cut through overgrowth on sidewalks un-edged in years.