Need a new trailer.. Haulmark Transport?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Scapes, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I am out-growing my 6x12 enclosed trailer.. so I am currently shopping for a new enclosed. I am considering a 16x7 Haulmark Transport. I have not seen one in person so I don't know if this is a well built trailer. Can someone comment? Would a 16x7 be the right size for me... 2 Lazers, maybe a walk-behind and misc stuff?

Let me know......

2. JDOG

JDOG LawnSite Member

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

You better do some re-figuring, no way you will get two Z's and a walk-behind in a 16 footer, especially when it's only 7 feet wide.

4. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

We had an 18 x 8

It fit two Z's and a walk-behind turned sideways up front.

But, it was a house on wheels. Too big and stressful to drive, forget about sending it out with the average employee.

Nice part, it was nice to the equipment, kept sun and rain off.

Its up to you, I wouldn't recommend enclosed unless you have mostly wide-open properties and not too many stops per day.

I have had enclosed, open tandem and single, and straight truck. My favorite is pictured below: I will never trailer again.
    KB

myoffice.jpg

5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Depends on what mowers you are using, I have a Haulmark and love it:

trailer lettered.jpg

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the comments so far.. but what I'd really like to know.... is the "Transport" model a decent trailer?

Ray.. what model & size is that?

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Haulmark Elite 7x16.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Maybe consider an 18' trailer. At 16' my open trailer just has enough room to put my 61" Y/K and 60" Lazer straight on and the 36" walkbehind on sideways at the rear. There is very little room to spare...like inches! There is no way I would want to have to maneuver that walkbehind sideways in an enclosed trailer :eek: When I go enclosed, it will be probably 20'

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 25' v-nose, and its pack pretty tight with 2 ztr's and a w/b. I don't think I would go any shorter then 20'

mvc-015s.jpg

10. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE A 16' OPEN TRAILER, I CAN GET TWO LAZERS AND A WALK BEHIND ON IT FINE. THIS LEAVES LITTLE ROOM FOR ANYTHING ELSE BUT IT FITS.