1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need a new trailer!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sjewel, Jun 18, 2000.

1. sjewel

sjewel LawnSite Member

I just bought a new dixie chopper and the gate on my old trailer is to steep. I am looking to get a lower to the ground trailer. I have a US cargo now. Anybody have a suggestion as far as a different brand? Thanks!

2. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I have a Haulmark 7x16 enclosed and love it. Paid $4800 for mine.<p>----------<br>Ray Kirby - Kirby's Cuttin' Edge Lawn Maintenance<br>Home Page, My Truck, Lawn Photos

3. Change the ball mount so the front of the trailer is higher.

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I had to change the ball mount and find a lower profile tire, I also have problems with my decks scrubbing as I go up the ramp. Screw a 2x10 down right at the end of the trailer so your front tires will lift the deck up and over the pivot point. If you place the board in the right spot the deck will scrub across the wood insted of getting hung up on the trailer. One day I will get around to extending my gate to decrease the degree of incline, I don't think another trailer will be much different. My Scag has always gone right up without a problem, when I got my first Chopper is when I had a problem.<p>Homer

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

IF YOUR TRAILER IS ENCLOSED , OR THE TYPE WHERE THE WHEELS ARE UNDER THE DECK LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO SELL....I NEED EITHER AND ENCLOSED{ TO LEAVE MY EQUIPMENT IN} OR A DECK OVER TO FIT IN MY GARAGE. MY CURRENT TRAILER WILL NOT FIT IN THE GARAGE SO I NEED TO UNLOAD EVERYDAY AND THEN RUN THE TRAILER OVER TO THE YARD....I'M SICK OF LOSING 30-40 WORKING MINUTES EVERDAY.....

6. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a used full<br>size van. A maxi is prefered. <p>If your mowers are 48 or less you can load them thru the back door with a handy ramp end gate ($350). If you need space for debris<br>you can have you help follow in a pick up.<br>Or you could just not bag anything like I do.

7. grasscapeinc

grasscapeinc LawnSite Member

Get the new Haulmark motorcycle trailers.<br>V-nose 2 dome lights, vent, snd door, etc.<br>Perfect for mowing. You can stand straight up in them. Check out www.haulmark.com<br>We have a bunch of them.

8. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

Check out http://www.lbpinc.com/trailer.html<br>There is no ramp. You don't need a ramp!<p>Frank