Need a new trimmer, help me narrow down my choices

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by offroadrider12, Jun 4, 2009.

Which Trimmer?

1. RedMax BC250 w/ Sthil Handlebars

3 vote(s)
  2. RedMax BCZ2401S w/ Sthil Handlebars

7 vote(s)
  3. Sthil FS80 & buy solid shaft

20 vote(s)
  1. blake101

blake101 LawnSite Senior Member

How are you using your Sea Foam? Are you mixing it with your gas and oil or soaking the Carb and jets with it?
  2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

were mixing it with gas , it took about 3 weeks of light use in our gas for me to start noticing how much better the whips were running

i also saw a guy here mention dont gun it when just starting for first time that day in effort to warm it up quicker because the extra gas your gunning into carb doesnt burn and becomes carbon build up
  3. RedSquareLandscaping

RedSquareLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

The last 1 is the best
  4. mowzilla

mowzilla LawnSite Member

shindaiwa t242 or bigger ( i love mine.. but the 282t is the monster, t261 is great mix of the 242/282..) i use stihls fs80rx's four days and week , and have used the 90's and 100's , use my shinny three long days a week and i wonder why stihl even needs to exist.. shindaiwa's are superior to me.. power, weight, starting good with high hours, trimmer head, less vibration..only brands i even think about other than shinny is redmax ( 'cause i love my blower) echo ( mid-level commercial not on par with redmax/ shinny--but i do like echo a lot ) husqvarna ( decent)