Need a new trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelawnkid, Aug 4, 2004.

1. thelawnkid

thelawnkid LawnSite Member

2. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

I went from Shindaiwa to Kawasaki about 3 yrs ago. I really like the weight and power of the Kawasaki. The most comfortable trimmer I have used.

3. thelawnkid

I am using shindaiwa and stihl right now. I have a shindaiwa 22t homeowner model, a T2500, a T260, and a stihl FS80. I like the stihl the most out of all of them, but it worries me sometimes. I don't think that I would ever buy another shindaiwa after the T260 and especially after the T2500(POS). I think that I will like the kawasaki because of the light weight, and the high horsepower.

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Kid, I've got the Kawi' myself. I can sum it up for you in a few choice words... IT ROCKS The absolute best trimmer I've used.. And I 've used them all.... 10.8 lbs, 1.6hp. Need I say more...OH wait I do, starts First pull 99.9% of the time... And I've got quite a bit of time on mine.. Good luck and buy what you need..

5. TotalLawnConcepts

TotalLawnConcepts LawnSite Member

We just bought 2 new Kawi's this Year, I have never been more pleased with a weedeater. Light weight, Strong engine, Almost always starts on the first pull. Go with a Kawi they won't let you down.

6. thelawnkid

is that one on ebay a good price, what do they usually cost. And how would you compare this trimmer to the FS80. Thanks for the help

7. txlawnking

Yeah kid, that's a good price, exactly what I paid at a dealer in Houston where I bought mine...If you insist on getting it off of e-bay, hold out as I've seen it for $189 on there.. BTW even at $220, It's an absolute steal!!! You get the best trimmer in the world ( LOL, IMHO!! ) for way cheap... To put it into perspective, to get a comparable Shin, ( T-270, and I think the t-272 emmisions model that replaced the 270 is a pukin' buzzard ) You'd have to spend almost four bills!!! I would buy 10 more Kawi's tomorrow, if I needed them and they don't mess with it..

8. apluslawn

apluslawn LawnSite Member

redmax bcz2600 better than any other trimmer on the market this thing is areal trimmer:D

9. thelawnkid

how often are they on ebay for 189. I am trying to get one for as cheap as I can. Money is really tight right now, and my shindaiwas are almost not worth using anymore. I need atleast 2 trimmers that can work all day several days a week, and i only have one now(the shindaiwas that I have are old, and they have many issues). What do they sell for at the dealerships? I think that I am sold on the kawasaki, now I am just trying to find the best price.

10. txlawnking

Kid, re read my post, LOL, I paid $220 at my dealer for mine, if you can't find them for that, at a local dealer, snatch the thing off of e-bay and get to work... I'm more than sure you can recoup the extra thirty somthing bucks with a single lawn!!! Oh don't forget, buying e-bay you gotta usually pay shipping, so even at $189 you still would come out ahead if you can find one local. Personally Service isn't an issue for me ( I do ALL of my own repairs ) But I still need parts... Things to ponder...