1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need a part # there are no part #'s in the manual for them

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by syzer, Sep 27, 2012.

1. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey PJ, I have attached a photo. I need two springs and two small disks that are inside the hub actually inside the brake pads.

I couldn't find any part numbers, and the dealer couldn't either. I need them ASAP and was hoping to have them at the office for Friday. Please let me know if you can help locate what the #'s are or how I can order them. The are held in by what looks like a roofing nail with a flat end =).

Parts.jpg

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

syzer,
    Pj has moved onward and your request was forwarded to me. The Brake pins on the unit you show are sold with the complete brake assy. These pins come into us as part of the assembly. They are very similar to an Automotive style pin but because of their importance and the safety issues we only sell them as a complete kit.

Brian O

3. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately you cant buy those components individually you need to purchase the entire backplate with brake shoes etc. However becuase they use a good brake setup like tis you can obtain the pieces you need from any good neighborhood auto parts supplier. Just ask them for the hardware for a drum brake setup. Its pretty inexpensive and they are readily avaliable.