need a pic of a sprayer setup

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by befnme, Jan 6, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bought a poly tank and was wondering what is the best way to set it up with a pump and hose reel . does any one have a pic of a setup. and will a 12 volt sureflo pump be effecient enough ?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Well what are you spraying ?

3. befnme

pesticides on lawns , liquid fert .

4. ArizPestWeed

Do you have anyexperience ?
    If you already baught it , you are stuck with it , so , why do you ask , wont you find out soon enough ??

5. befnme

i only have the tank right now , yes i have my certs. and experience only with gas rigs . i want to go cost effective with 12 volt but dont know if it will work ...

6. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I mounted a 15 gallon tank & 12v pump on the deck of my belt-drive WB. Mounted a boom, and now I have a homemade ride-on sprayer. Takes about 10 minutes to mount and unmount, has about a 60" wide spray. Belt-drive is good because I know exactly what my speed is (and therefore my gal/k) in any given gear. I use the bypass valve to reduce my flow to about .3 g/min, and adjust my concentration accordingly.

It works pretty well, but if I add enough customers in the spring I'm going with either a PG or Z-Spray.

7. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I had a shure flo set up a few years ago, it was great for spraying pesticides but dont think it would work as well with fert. not enough pressure for agitation

8. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to agree with indyturf. Ferts are strictly granular here, as well as pre-em's.

9. ArizPestWeed

10. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member