Need a price. Selling Mini-sneaker and trailer in Chicago

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Engine 7, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Engine 7

Engine 7 LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

Hi all. I hope this is ok to do on here. I couldnt find a rule against it.
    My company is selling a Case Mini-Sneaker, its attachments, and the trailer that it is on. I am not sure how much to ask. We took a bunch of pictures and plan on selling it locally soon.
    It is around 25 years old but maintained propery by McCaan in Illinois. It has the shaker on the back to lay pipe and the boring rod attachment in the front with 30 feet of boring rods and a 1 1/2" earth drill. It is all on a medium duty 5X8 trailer with a ramp.
    We were thinking about asking around $4000.00 but we are really not sure how much it is worth. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

2. I'll give you $500 and I'll come pick it up....

3. Engine 7

Engine 7 LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

HAHA, too funny. The price, of course, is negotiable. But we wont go nearly that low.

Jeff

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I see Mini-Sneakers on eBay, and they do sell, but not for big bucks. A bit underpowered. And old. Old is hard to fix.

5. Engine 7

Engine 7 LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

We have a Case dealer closeby in one of the suburbs that services ours. They can still get the parts. We also have an excellent small engine place closeby that does the pneumatics and engine service on our equipment.
    I checked Ebay and could not find anyone selling one. I know what we paid for it. I am just looking for a fair price to sell it for really, nothing else.

Jeff

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Even the Maxi-Sneaker series that followed it gets less than Vermeer and Ditch Witch plows. Trouble with eBay is, you often need to have a lower starting price to get any bidding action. And if you sign up today, and list a valuable item, a lot of folks will tend to not believe you're serious, or trustworthy.

7. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Your talking about a machine that has been obsolete for over 25 years. I had one I gave $500 of trade for, but didn't have the boring attachment - plow only. I did get 4 blades with it though. The onan engine blew the week after I started using it. A new power plant runs around $1200 plus retro fit. Yes, case still has parts, BUT they won't say how old the inventory they are selling is, or if the parts are still in production. I priced re-building the shaker (the rubbers) and was told they were still in inventory, but not in production.

I would look seriously at Tony's offer. I wouldn't give $500 for another one.

8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I still have the almost new adjustable blade.............any bids?
    The blade would fit a maxi too! (or a dingo)

9. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think they are obsolete........

The new ditct *itch that I rent occassionaly is obsolete............

10. Engine 7

Engine 7 LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

They arent. It is still an all-in-one machine that can do what you need to install a system. It was our main piece of equipment until a couple years ago. It still works as good as the day it was made because of the service we had done on it.

Jeff