1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a re-coil starter for my Redmax.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bob, Jun 25, 2008.

1. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I'm having trouble finding a new re-coil starter for my Redmax BCZ3000. I don't want to go to the dealer. I tried J-Thomas, but its not listed there.
  2. Texas Mower Parts

Texas Mower Parts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

PARTPRO LawnSite Member

Just call j-thomas they have full access to redmax part. I buy alot of my parts there. 1-800-828-7980
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

why do you need a new one? could be an easy fix under your nose.

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

TMP has it for the same price as the RedMax dealer catalog. I'm pretty sure J-Thomas is in the same bracket. The shipping will probably make the difference. If a dealer has an order going in, then you're on the list and shipping should be free. If not, you'll have to cough up a few bucks for the special order.

I like to see LCOs keep spare parts for their equipment, especially the stuff that gets used the most on hand toi save on down-time.

If you prefer 1 Z, 1 Trimmer and 1 blower but have a few others then those most used units sshould have a nice crop of parts waiting for them if they break. The cost of keeping all the belts, filters, idlers and several sets of blades for your Z is cheap compared to how much $$$$ you could lose in 1 day of downtime. Case in point: Trimmer is nearly $400.00 and the starter is a whopping $33.00. It's an older unit so the failure was going to happen sooner or later. I don't see very many broken starters on RedMax.
  6. AWR

AWR LawnSite Member

my dealer is great you walk in with a broke one , swap it out for $20 and your gone he keeps all used recoils from all machines refurbs them so you in and out in 5 minutes