Need A Sample HOA Contract

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JimLewis, Dec 5, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I know, I know. I said I never do commercial work. And I said I would never work for an HOA again. But I've decided to make an exception after a certain HOA has been begging me for months to take over the maintenance there. And since my residential client is one of only 3 board members and has assured me they wouldn't pull any of the B.S. I experienced with past HOAs, I'm going to go ahead and take it on.

So I find myself in need of a contract to email to them. And I don't have anything. Last time I did commercial work was like 8 years ago. And even if I could find those contracts, I am sure they're a little outdated.

Would someone mind lending me a copy of a commercial contract for maintenance of an HOA. I will be altering a lot of it to fit the specifics of this place. But if I had at least something to start with that would save me a lot of time drawing one up from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

2. Maitland Man

Maitland Man LawnSite Member

Start with a cover letter. Break down each part of the property in your desription of what you are going to do. Example.
    Front entrance: We will mow, edge, etc according to attached schedule....blah blah blah

Medians: All medians will be edges and tri....according to attached...blah, blah.

Pond area: The pond area will be cut according...no weed killer will be used in this area to preven....yadda, yadda....

amount and terms of contract for last page of details. and attach a cut schedule in a table format the states how many times each month you'll do each part of your service.

I do this with all commercial bids with great success. Always get compliments about how detailed I am, and how other lco's pretty much just hand them a cut schedule for services with an insurance certificate attached....

Dennis

3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Check your email