1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need a second mower what would you get

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LCME, Apr 18, 2005.

1. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

i currently have an exmark tthp 48". but, some of my accounts have fences with 3 and 4 foot gates. typical account lot size is 15000 to 50000 sqft. what mower size, belt or hydro, etc. would you get to speed up the mowing.
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go with a 36" Exmark belt drive.
  3. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

I have heard alot of peaple praising the wright standers and they are available in 32,36,42......
  4. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Try a 36" Lesco walk-behind if it is your second mower. If you are looking for better quality go with an Exmark 36" belt drive
  5. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for the advise. will be going to weigartz tonight.
  6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I like your thinking. I got 3 now and more to come.
  7. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Curious...Mr. Itsgottobegreen.
    You have a Sentar Avatar but I see you had it for sale.
    Did you not like it??? We have 3 of them and a Stander.
    Just curious of your opinion.
  8. gogetter

gogetter Banned

The question is, how big is the backyard? I wouldn't want to cut a large backyard with a little 36" just because it fits through the gate.

If the backyard is fairly large, and fairly flat, I'd look at the Cub Commercial Z-Wing. Or if Hustler ever releases the GateStar, I'd look at that.
  9. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

I had a 36 walk behind. I just traded it in for a 36 stander with wide tires, and I can cut my back yard time in half. I picked up 15 new lawns because of the time savings.
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Its still for sale. I just got to get a bigger trailer for my kubota tractor right now. I like it. But the 61" deck just doesn't match any of the rest of the fleet. If it was a 52" I would be keeping it. I still like my standers more.